Monday, November 30, 2009

'Tis The Season

by Channing

I didn't think a post would come this soon after another, but I found myself taking pictures all weekend JUST so I could post them!  It was a VERY looong weekend, but it was really needed.  Kelby and I were really busy, but it was all fun stuff, so we loved it!

**Warning** There are a lot of pictures to follow...I couldn't help but post them! To me, taking pictures helps tell the story!  So I take a lot =] some might  be pointless, but they help me so I don't leave anything out! Here goes...

First things first....Thanksgiving!!! On Thursday, Kelby went frolfing in the morning, so I got a little bored and decided to set up Christmas decorations!!  Kelby and I decided that instead of squishing in three big meals, we'd split them up and start alternating each year. So next year we'll go to his parents house! ....We started off at my grandpa's house for the Jensen Thanksgiving.  After we got stuffed up there, we headed straight over to my dads house for the Nye Thanksgiving.  I LOVE filling up on delicious food!!


These were taken after we filled up on turkey, so we're all super tired!



I'm so excited to have a mantel this year!  I can hang my cute stockings and put up my Christmas village that my dad gave me! It was always my favorite part of decorating when I was growing up, so when my dad got a new village, he gave me his old one!!  yay!  We also get TWO Christmas trees this year, because both Patrice and I have one!  We put hers in the front window because it's bigger.  Hers is the one on the right.  And at Thanksgiving dinner, my grandpa gave me that sewing machine!  It was my grandma's very first machine!  And it still works.  I can't wait to use it! Oh yeah, and our new TV is hanging above the fireplace!  It fits a lot better than our old one did :]

Then that night, we basically just crashed.  We were sooo tired from all that food!

On Friday, I didn't wake up early like the majority of America, thank goodness!  Kelby and I almost did Black Friday shopping to get our TV, but luckily we found it for cheaper than the sales, and a week earlier too!  So we really lucked out and avoided that hot mess.  But I did go shopping for craft stuff and Christmas lights!  Apparently, it is really difficult to find classic Christmas lights.  The lights these days are really lame!!  I just wanted the big bulbs, but they had to have red, orange, green, blue, AND white.... I had to go to five stores before I found them!!  But I did :] and for cheap too!  I LOVE Christmas!

Then, Friday night, we went to Morgan and Brittney's house for Morgan's 25th birthday!! It was tonz of fun! We played games and ate cake! yumm!


I was doing a really bad job at taking pictures, so I gave the camera to Brittney and she got everyone!  Good job Bert!

Then on Saturday, Kelby and Kelsey hung the Christmas lights, while Patrice and I cleaned the house.  We invited Ted and Kristina over for dinner, so we had to clean clean clean! Oh and it was really scary getting Kelby up on the top roof. We had to get my dads gigantic ladder to get up there...it was nerve racking!  But we got them hung up, and they look amazing! I love Christmas!!
 
Then Ted and Kristina came over before they went to the Jazz game.  We made Navajo Tacos!  Seriously the best food ever!  And they're so easy too.  Oh yeah, and then we had a picture-fest!

After they headed off to the Jazz game, the roomies decided to play some cranium!


Patrice and Kelsey ended up winning, but we put up a good fight!

After the mad game of cranium, Patrice and I started on our crafts (Sorry Jenna).
A couple of weeks ago, we all went to this wood store to get some crafts to paint.  I was so excited to get it done, and I finally found some time to do them!



It's still not done, but I think it turned out SO cute!  I'm going to hang a
shelf in my living room and put a different word on it every season/holiday!

While we did our crafts, the boys did theirs!



They took off all the signs on Kelby's bike.  Now you don't know what kind
of bike he has...shh...it's a secret!

Then on Sunday we made a trip to Ikea!  Fun, I know.  Unfortunately we got their at 11, and they don't open until Noon!  So we drove to Wal-mart to pass the time.  Somehow we wasted an hour, and went back up to Ikea to start our adventures!  That place is dangerous.  Most everything is bite size, but some stuff looks normal, and I wanted it!  But we only came out with an $8 table!  woo hoo!


 
We then came home and made some home made pizzas!!  Soooo delicous!

It was a verrry good end to a very looong weekend!!  Let the holiday season continue! 

1 comment:

Hahn's said...

Thats okay, I have secretly been working on mine.. LOL. I went there (the wood store) again today to get a clock. I am making Laura one for Christmas.

Looks like you have a good fun weekend!!